Welcome to Cumberland Training
‘Welcome to Cumberland’ training for those working in the hospitality sector
Wednesday 10th and Thursday 11th May 2023
Two days training, 10th May based in Keswick and the 11th of May a Coach Tour starting at Maryport and traveling down the coast to Muncaster and back to finish in Maryport. Please see the below for the day’s itinerary. You can attend one day or both days. The training is free to anyone working or volunteering in the Tourism/Hospitality Industry
- Considering who the visitors are and what they need / want to know
- The importance of the visitor economy and the role of hospitality providers in welcoming visitors
- Considering customer service: the importance of first impressions, understanding customer needs, and exceeding customer expectation
- Discussion on recommending walking routes and places to eat, stay or visit
- Discussion and ideas on the Importance of Trading online and how best to do it.
- On the Coach Tour we will be exploring the west coast of Cumbria.
- Maximum booking of 25 people
- Free of charge for people working in the Tourism/Hospitality sector
- Catering provided
- Training being delivered by a Blue Badge Guide Tess Pike
- Keswick venue is at the Keswick Ministries – Timings will be 9.45am start with 3.30pm finish
- West Coast will be Pick up in Maryport Venue TBC – Timings 9.30am start with a 3.45pm finish